Help with online gambling addiction, do you need help, here I show you the signs of addiction, the effects of online gambling addiction, and how to overcome that addiction.
Everyone loves a night out at the casino, or a night in playing poker with friends. Maybe there is a birthday or job promotion to celebrate or perhaps it’s just that day of the week or time of the month when you and your friends get together to deal cards and play for pennies. It’s all in good fun, and just a game, right?
Help with online gambling addiction is what you need to do, it may be a game to your friends but it is not to you, it is an addiction.
Not for someone who needs help and is dealing with an online gambling addiction.
Millions of men and women are suffering from an addiction to gambling.
The Effects of Online Gambling Addiction
Here are a few of the ways in which an addiction to gambling can harm you and those in your life, so you can see that help with gambling addiction is a must:
- Debt, many gamblers struggle to pay bills as they constantly seek ways to fund their gambling habits and over time the payments become too much and they are buried in debt. Or worse, have to file for bankruptcy.
- Job loss.
- Evictions and loss of home ownership.
- Mood swings, When the cards are being dealt in their favor, the gambling addict is on a literal happy high; but one wrong roll of the dice and they are in a sudden state of depression and anxiety.
- Other addictions, often times a gambling addict will attempt to ease the depression that comes with losing and floating in debt by turning to alcohol and other drugs.
- A life of crime, like most individuals suffering from an addiction, gamblers seek out further funding by committing crimes such as forgery, embezzlement, fraud and robbery; all of which lead to major jail time.
- Family problems, Many marriages have been torn apart due to the financial and trust issues that are presented when dealing with a gambling addiction. When children are involved, there is a good chance they will also suffer from online gambling addiction in their adulthood.
- Loss of friends and family.
Help With Online Gambling Addiction, And How To Overcome It.
Here are some tips to begin your help with online gambling addiction:
- Connect with those who are going through this addiction and those who have been where you are now; Gamblers Anonymous can offer resources and support throughout your recovery.
- Ask your family and friends for their support and if necessary, their forgiveness.
- Seek counsel; a certified behavioral therapist can assist you in discovering why you developed an addiction to gambling and help you redirect those behaviors towards positive activities.
- Let a family member or trusted friend assist you in being responsible with household finances.
- Resolve debts.
- Avoid casinos and poker nights at the homes of acquaintances.
When you commit to change and seek help with your online gambling addiction, you will get you on the road to recovery before you gamble your life away.
Help With Gambling Addiction Quote By Ayn Rand
Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.
Overcoming Life’s Challenges
The Inspiring and Empowering Story of One Woman’s Triumph Over Alcoholism, Bankruptcy, weight issues and Despair.
She did not just struggle to survive. She struggled to win!
If a single sentence could sufficiently describe a lifetime, then this would be an apt description of Moya’s life. From a privileged childhood to adulthood of bankruptcies and subsequent salvation, Moya weathered all storms to be where she is now—a fulfilled woman with a story to tell.
SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Fill in the form to receive all the inspirational thoughts from Moya