Overcoming Alcohol Addictions will be very difficult as it is a favorite beverage of even the most modest individuals.
It’s often served at parties and can be enjoyable when drank in moderation, without drinking to the point of being drunk.
How often do you consume alcohol?
What is the normal scenario when you are drinking?
Is an alcoholic beverage waiting for you in the fridge when you come in after a long day at work?
A slow start to drinking alcohol can spin off into an alcohol addictions. Signs Of Addiction
It is one of the most common addictions and it can happen to you.
It happened to me and I never realized until 10 years of being sober that I had a problem.
The Damages of Alcohol Addictions
An addiction without recovery results in plenty of damage to you and your loved ones.
How has your alcohol use affected your life?
Some of these damaging effects may be familiar:
- Loss of employment, friends and family contacts.
- Serious illnesses.
- Liver, brain and heart damage (other vital organs are at risk as well).
- Unattractive change in physical appearance (weight loss, early aging, etc).
- Accidents (alcoholics have been known to start fires after falling asleep while smoking; intoxication has also led to drowning, suicides and other injuries).
Because of Alcohol this is when I have tried to kill myself, had car accidents and did so many stupid things, too many to mention here but they are in my book. Overcoming Life’s Challenges
- Sexual dysfunction.
- Birth defects in a fetus, if drinking during pregnancy.
I use to drink when I was pregnant with my 3rd child and he was born with a club foot, I don’t know if it was because of the drinking, but I have never forgiven myself.
Overcoming Alcohol Addictions.
If you recognized the signs in yourself or have dealt with any of the damage of this addiction, all that is left to do is admit to its control over your life and the road to recovery will open up to you!
Alcohol addictions is one of the most common, treatable addictions, but you have to seek help.
Here are some ways of overcoming addiction to alcohol:
- Reach out to your local Alcoholics Anonymous to get the support that is vital to your recovery and learn what steps you need to take.
- Avoid places where alcohol will be served and people with whom you drank.
- Get the support of family and nonalcoholic friends, their involvement and motivation will accelerate your recovery.
- Find hobbies, a healthy hobby, such as reading, writing or bike riding will occupy your time and give you an outlet.
- Instead of drinking when stressed out, you may journal about your feelings.
- Get on a healthy diet; eating right will help you to regain weight and revitalize your metabolism.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Although addiction to Alcohol is among the most difficult addictions to battle,with overcoming addiction to the problem you will win that battle with the support of friends and family, involvement in AA and dedication to getting your life back on track!
Yes I had to look back when I wrote my book and until it was down on paper I never really knew how bad I was. You are on a journey of a good time, drinking and having fun, you can do this without alcohol, you just don’t realize that you can.
Try doing this yourself, write it all down it is a real eyeopener of how you are destroying yourself.
Alcohol Addictions Quote By Chuck Palahniuk
When you go out with a drunk, you’ll notice how a drunk fills your glass so he can empty his own. As long as you’re drinking, drinking is okay. Two’s company. Drinking is fun. If there’s a bottle, even if your glass isn’t empty, he’ll pour a little in your glass before he fills his own.
Overcoming Life’s Challenges
The Inspiring and Empowering Story of One Woman’s Triumph Over Alcoholism, Bankruptcy, weight issues and Despair.
She did not just struggle to survive. She struggled to win!
If a single sentence could sufficiently describe a lifetime, then this would be an apt description of Moya’s life. From a privileged childhood to adulthood of bankruptcies and subsequent salvation, Moya weathered all storms to be where she is now—a fulfilled woman with a story to tell.
SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Fill in the form to receive all the inspirational thoughts from Moya