Self Improvement Resources for all areas of your life, growth occurs through challenge, let me take you on a journey of self discovery.
What exactly is Self Improvement?
It can apply to several different areas – it can be career, your personal life, or your relationships, but it all boils down to the same process.
Taking an area where you want to improve and then taking the steps to get better.
For me, the search of Self Improvement Resources is never ending, I talk more about this in my book Overcoming Life’s Challenges here I share with you how education of the mind, can change your life for the better.
People who are successful often have several things in common, no matter what walk of life they come from.
- They are confident without being arrogant.
- They are willing to grow by challenging themselves
- They are willing to reflect and learn from experience.
So, Self Improvement is taking personal responsibility for yourself through a process of assessment, reflection, and taking action. So look for self improvement resources any where you can as this will improve your life immensely.
How do you do that?
How do you embark on a journey of Self Improvement?
There are few things you can do on a regular basis to improve in all areas of your life.
- You have to know yourself and to do this you must solicit feedback from others
- Remember, perception is reality.
- It doesn’t matter how you wanted or tried to come across to others, what matters is what they saw and heard.
- Work to understand how people perceive you.
- You may not be achieving what you expected.
- You cannot adjust your approach without the benefit of feedback, so ask for it.
- And be prepared for what you might hear.
- Once you get it, be open to and appreciative of the feedback you receive, not defensive.
- Seek to understand rather than to be understood.
- Take time to reflect on the day.
- We all get so caught up in our lives and we never have any quiet time, what with mobiles, computers, email, etc. I myself is guilty of this, and sometimes I have to stop myself from being busy and take time and go through my self improvement resources because if I don’t I will not move forward.
- That’s why it is so important to spend time alone to think about recent behavior and activities.
- Take time every day to reflect on the day’s work and interactions.
- And if something didn’t go the way you wanted – think about it, but do not obsess.
- The point is to learn, not beat yourself up.
- Pinpoint where you lost control or it went off track so you’re better prepared next time.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses.
- Play to your strengths.
- If you like to persuade people, then be around people.
- If you hate detail, don’t try to force yourself to do something you hate.
- Be honest with yourself.
- What areas would you like to change?
- What areas do you NEED to change?
- It’s important to know when you can change something – like being a better listener – or when you are just trying to force a square peg in a round hole.
- Above all, growth occurs through challenge.
- You must always push yourself and not be content with “good enough.”
- It is only then that the real development of ones self occurs.
I share in by book my journey of self improvement Overcoming Life’s Challenges
Below are a List of Self Improvement Resources, just click on the topic and it will take you to the article.
The Power Of Thought Vibration
We’ve all heard people talking about “positive vibes” or “negative vibes,” as in, “That person gives off negative vibes.”
But did you know that science has proven that it’s true?
Here I explain how.
Thought Control And How To Achieve It
Thoughts can be positive or they can be negative.
Thoughts are a blessing and a curse.
Your thoughts are seeds and you reap what you sow.
So what are you thinking about?
Building Self Esteem
Who is stopping you from having more self esteem?
What is stopping you from achieving success?
Yes, that’s right, the only thing holding you back is you.
Healthy Self Esteem
A great site I have come across on how to build a healthy self esteem. One man’s goal to make sure as many people know that they too can boost their self esteem and have a happy, fulfilling life.
My Self Esteem My Life
A fantastic site I have found designed to give a clear understanding of self esteem and how it affects our life with tips, strategies and inspirational quotes to improve self worth, well being and happiness.
Pursuit Of Happiness Can Be Achieved By Anyone.
Did you know that there are psychologists researching what makes people happy?
A whole new generation of psychologists decided that instead of studying “negative” psychology, what makes people depressed, sad, and anxious, that they would research what makes people happy.
Self Improvement Ideas To Help You Move Forward
There is truth in the saying there is always room for improvement.
No matter where you are in life, there is always a need to better yourself.
Why should you improve yourself?
Simply, because you want to get the most out of your life and make the changes necessary to do so.
Personal Development For Men
I came across a fantastic website for men. Is your life a rewarding journey filled with satisfaction and fulfillment or is it a miserable existence filled with disappointments, failures and frustration. Choose Personal Development.
Self Improvement Resources Quote
Be a student.
Stay open and willing to learn from everyone and anyone.
Being a student means you have room for new input. When you are green you grow, when you are ripe you rot.
By staying green you will avoid the curse of being an expert.
When you know in your heart that every single person you encounter in your lifetime has something to teach you, you are able to utilize their offerings in a profound way.
Dr Wayne W Dyer
Overcoming Life’s Challenges
The Inspiring and Empowering Story of One Woman’s Triumph Over Alcoholism, Bankruptcy, weight issues and Despair.
She did not just struggle to survive. She struggled to win!
If a single sentence could sufficiently describe a lifetime, then this would be an apt description of Moya’s life. From a privileged childhood to adulthood of bankruptcies and subsequent salvation, Moya weathered all storms to be where she is now—a fulfilled woman with a story to tell.
SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Fill in the form to receive all the inspirational thoughts from Moya