You may be the poorest man on the continent, be deeply in debt, you may have neither friends, influence nor resources, but if you begin to do things in this way you must infallible begin to get rich.
Wallace D. Wattles
Short facts about the author, Wallace Wattles
Wattles wrote a number of books but it is for his prosperity classic The Science of Getting Rich that he is best known.
According to US public records, he lived with his family on a farm in Nunda Township, McHenry County, Illinois. His life revolved around failure, defeat and poverty.
He was unschooled and as such, was excluded from the sphere of commerce and wealth.
It was through experimentation and study he tirelessly discovered the truth of the New Thought principles which he bought into his own life.He believed very strongly in Creative Visualization as his daughter Florence relates “He wrote almost constantly. It was then that he formed his mental picture. He saw himself as a successful writer, a personality of power, an advancing man, and he began to work toward the realization of this vision. He lived every page, His life was truly the powerful life”.
The science of Getting Rich is a down to earth practical guide, it is a mental and spiritual approach on how to become rich.
Wattles says in his book “Intended for the men and women whose most pressing need is for money, who wish to get rich first, and philosophies afterward, it is pragmatically, not philosophical, and practical manual, not a lot of theory. It is for those who have so far, nor neither the time, the means, not the opportunity to go deeply into the study of metaphysic, but who want prosperous results and who are willing to take the conclusions of science as a basic for action. Whatever may be said in praise of poverty, the fact remains that it is not possible to live a really complete or successful life unless one is rich. You cannot rise to your greatest possible height in talent or soul development unless you have plenty of money. For to unfold your soul and to develop talent you must have many things to use, and you cannot have these things unless you have money with which to buy them.”
He discovered that when he practiced the principles embodied in his books, his fortune turned to his favor.
He found himself as a very successful writer, made lots of money and was not suffering from any ailments.
His very famous book is The Science of Getting Rich which influenced a lot the New Thought Movement, a lot of people around the world including the contemporary New Thought writers like Rhonda Byrne. (The Secret)
Wattles died at a early age of 51 not long after the 1910 publication of The Science of Getting Rich.
What The Science of Getting Rich Can Do For You
Transform your life and discover how:
- Teaching you how to make money. Wattles emphasizes the importance of using one’s power of thought, and one’s willpower, as an indispensable ingredient on the way to get rich. To create something of value, be it a product, or a service. You need to know first what you want and want it badly enough to do whatever it takes (within ethical limits) to get it.
- Reintroducing the Law of Attraction. Creative visualization requires you to imagine what you so strongly desire, to be, do, or have and take what Wattles calls “the Mental Attitude of Ownership” towards everything in ones mental picture. You must persistently visualize yourself as being , doing or having whatever one wants and be deeply grateful for it both before and after you actually get it.Wattles explains how faith materializes your thoughts.
- Releasing preconceived notions regarding money and the things that hold us back to acquire more money. You have to clear your head of old habits, thoughts, the way you have always done things. Wattles lays out the basic way of how we should (must) approach each day with our concept of wealth, self, and health. He shows us how to break out of our mold of “how we have always done things” how we have always thought about things and gives us a different perspective of viewing life itself with “self” being the nucleus in which to start.
- Guiding you in finding your best self. He shows you how to want to change, to being truly positive on your outlook with “self” and gain knowledge on how to take back control of your life. Teaching you how to get in tune with yourself. Teaching you how to create a channel of communication between one’s self and the universal energy.
- Teaching us to be grateful and acknowledge abundance Wallace tells us how to attract financial success through creative thought. He shares how to have economic and emotional security through a practical, imaginative and non-competitive way while creating a loving and harmonious relationship with all life. This book has helped me realize the abundance which we all have and when we recognize we have what we need, and are grateful for it then more comes to us through giving and gratitude.Although wattles says in Chapter one that he shall not speak of riches in a figurative way, it is clear that he views wealth more an abundant life than mere cash.
I hope you have enjoyed reading my Review Of The Science Of Getting Rich, and I am sure you will enjoy the book.
It is available for immediate download by filling in the form below
Review Of The Science Of Getting Rich Quote
You may be the poorest man on the continent, and be deeply in debt, you may have neither friends, influence, nor resources, but if you begin to do things in this way, you must infallibly begin to get rich, for like causes must produce like effects. If you have no capital, you can get capital, if you are in the wrong business, you can get into the right business, if you are in the wrong location, you can go to the right location, and you can do so by beginning in your present business and in your present location to do things in the Certain Way which causes success
Overcoming Life’s Challenges
The Inspiring and Empowering Story of One Woman’s Triumph Over Alcoholism, Bankruptcy, weight issues and Despair.
She did not just struggle to survive. She struggled to win!
If a single sentence could sufficiently describe a lifetime, then this would be an apt description of Moya’s life. From a privileged childhood to adulthood of bankruptcies and subsequent salvation, Moya weathered all storms to be where she is now—a fulfilled woman with a story to tell.
SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Fill in the form to receive all the inspirational thoughts from Moya