Happiness is the experience of Living every minuet with love, grace and gratitude.
The gift of life is not a treasure hunt , you can’t look for success, the treasure is within you.
Short Facts about the Author, Russell H. Conwell
Russell Conwell created a short little book, a simple story, called Acres of Diamonds, within it is one of the most inspirational messages on achievement, and it is full of wisdom for those who aspire to make more of their lives.
Conwell was the son of Massachusetts farmers, he left home to attend Yale University and in 1862 before graduating he enlisted in the Army during the American Civil War.
After the war he studied at law school, the following years he worked as an attorney, journalist and lecturer, during this period he published about 10 books.
In 1880 he was ordained as a Baptist minister.
His ideas, ideals and enthusiasm have inspired tens of thousands of lives, myself included.
“Acres of Diamonds” was first published in 1921.
It is still valid today, and provides valuable lessons to anyone attempting to achieve financial success.
This book was developed from a speech he delivered over 6,000 times to church congregations, around the world.
It made him a fortune, with this fortune he founded the Temple University in Philadelphia.
It is about life, success, money, and priorities, what these things are and aren’t, and will continue to challenge the way most of us choose to live our lives for years.
This short little book has many messages on achievement, everything one needs for success is probably right in their vicinity, and all one has to do is to recognize it.
It is timeless wisdom, and it proves once again the principles of success do not need to be re invented.
Everything needed to be successful in life has already been written and is available to all of us.
Over the years I have learnt more from a story than from a lecture or cold hard information, I suppose because it is real, like my book “Overcoming Life’s Challenges” Overcoming Life’s Challenges it is real it is what I went through and how I came out on top.
What Acres Of Diamonds Can Do For You
Transform your life and discover how:
- You do not need to look afar for opportunities, fortune, or achievement, most of the time they are right there under your nose. When I was in sales, a lot of my co-workers would keep trying to look for new clients when in fact if they just looked after the clients they had, and those clients would refer them to friends of theirs, service and word of mouth is all you need.
- Be willing to open your eyes and mind to opportunity. Conwell further suggests that most people are “pygmies of their possible selves,” rarely achieving the potential of their natural abilities or local opportunities. Conwell also discusses his basic philosophy of business and gives several rules, or suggestions, for budding entrepreneurs.
- Find out what people want, and fill that need. This sounds obvious, but many entrepreneurs start with a product or service, and then try to find a market for their product or service. Conwell advises finding the market first, then developing a product or service to meet that demand.
- The seeds of fortune are close at hand. Stick with what you know, find your niche, and don’t be swayed by the allure of “greener pastures.”
- In these pages we learn the virtues of earning money through honest, hard work. We learn to look for opportunities to serve others in our own back yard by simply finding a need and filling it. If you wish to be great, begin with who you are right now, where you are right now. Follow these principles, and you will uncover your own acres of diamonds.
- Become more aware and sensitive of the opportunities that may be closer to you than you think.
- Knowing what people need will give you more knowledge of obtaining a fortune than any amount of capital can give you.
I hope you have enjoyed reading my Review Acres Of Diamonds, and I am sure you will enjoy the book.
It is available for immediate download by filling in the form below.
Review Acres Of Diamonds Quote
MANY OF US SPEND OUR LIVES SEARCHING FOR SUCCESS WHEN IT IS USUALLY SO CLOSE THAT WE CAN REACH OUT AND TOUCH IT.
RUSSEL H. CONWELL
Overcoming Life’s Challenges
The Inspiring and Empowering Story of One Woman’s Triumph Over Alcoholism, Bankruptcy, weight issues and Despair.
She did not just struggle to survive. She struggled to win!
If a single sentence could sufficiently describe a lifetime, then this would be an apt description of Moya’s life. From a privileged childhood to adulthood of bankruptcies and subsequent salvation, Moya weathered all storms to be where she is now—a fulfilled woman with a story to tell.
SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Fill in the form to receive all the inspirational thoughts from Moya