Healthy thoughts create a healthy body. Right now, many people pay a premium amount on health supplements, gym memberships, organic food, exercise equipment and more, in order to have a healthy body. But they forget that one of the most effective ways to achieve good health is by filling the mind with healthy thoughts.
The opposite of healthy thoughts, negative thinking causes stress, which increases the risk for various ailments like heart disease, hypertension, and cancer. No amount of exercise and supplements can counter of the effects of stress if the destructive thoughts you have in your mind triggers your body to go into fight or flight mode all the time.
Struggling with negative thinking and self-talk? Here are ways to lighten up and beat unhealthy thoughts once and for all.
- Read jokes or watch a funny movie in your spare time to refresh your positive energy. Humor is medicine for the soul and for the body.
- Take inspirational quotes and sayings to heart. These inspiring words were written by thought leaders and people who have overcome challenges in life, so they can motivate you and pull you up when you feel down.
- Connect and communicate with the people you love because you are a human being who needs to be with other people. Communicating on social media don’t count. Real face-to-face human interaction is needed. Hug a loved one. Hold your child’s or spouse’s hand. Self-isolation and alienation contribute to depression.
- Find a hobby. Do things that you love and enjoying doing because this will improve your mood and give you a boost of confidence, which will help cultivate positive thoughts.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. There is a time to be serious and there is a time when you should just let go enjoy life. One of the best things you can do in life is to let go of things that aren’t working for you anymore. There are times when quitting may be one of the best decisions you can ever make, especially if it will lead you to discover what you are meant to do in the first place.
- Avoid making enemies. Having someone you hate is a portal of massive negative energy and it will slowly tear you down. If someone wronged you, try to forgive and release anger in positive ways. Practice kindness.
- Clear your conscience. The conscience is a part of our mind that tells us if we have done something wrong to someone. A guilty conscience will have no peace and that will show on your body’s health.
- Let go of regrets, the past is the past and you can’t do anything to change it, if you did something that you regret, the best way to deal with it is by making amends. Forgive yourself.
Be aware when you are sad, stressed, or anxious. Once you spot these feelings, do one of the tips here to plant seeds of healthy thoughts in your mind.
More Articles on Healthy Thoughts
Your thoughts can give off both positive and negative vibrations and other people - in fact the entire universe - can pick up on them. Understanding thought vibration will make you a successful and wealthy person.How and really what is Thought...read more
Thought Control is so powerful.Creation is always happening. Every time an individual has a thought, or a prolonged chronic way of thinking they are in the creation process. Something is going to manifest out of those thoughts. Thought...read more
Do you know what measures to take to prevent theSwine flu from plaguing your family If you have access to a television, have picked up a newspaper or even chatted with a friend, there's a good chance you have heard about this Flu.The news of...read more
Finding Healthy Kids Snacks can be challenging for parents, here are some snacks for them to eat.Kids love eating, and finding healthy kids' snacks can be challenging for parents.We're busy and constantly on the go, and so are our kids.We want...read more
Keeping Healthy shows you if your body falls apart your mind will too. My articles will show you many ways of keeping both the body and mind healthy.What does keeping healthy really mean?Lots of people say Live life to the fullest!But what the...read more
Stress is caused by being "here" but wanting to be "there". - Eckhart TolleThis is one way on how to relieve stress.How true is this quote, another quote I would love to share which is on the same lines as above is a quote my son said to me.If...read more
Do you know how to be healthy?Are you fully aware of the needs of your body and mind and are you meeting those needs?Most of us are not; and not because we don't care about being healthy and our own well-being.For the majority of us, we...read more
I have included a few Healthy Living tips, to get you started, yes I know it isn't Easy, let me show you that it can be easy, you just need to know how to start.If you're like I was a few years ago, “exercise" was synonymous with “torture."I...read more
Emotional health, let me show you how to deal with it to achieve a long happy and healthy life.The more time and energy you invest in your overall well being, the stronger you will be.Do you know you have to work on keeping your emotions...read more
Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.
Overcoming Life’s Challenges
The Inspiring and Empowering Story of One Woman’s Triumph Over Alcoholism, Bankruptcy, weight issues and Despair.
She did not just struggle to survive. She struggled to win!
If a single sentence could sufficiently describe a lifetime, then this would be an apt description of Moya’s life. From a privileged childhood to adulthood of bankruptcies and subsequent salvation, Moya weathered all storms to be where she is now—a fulfilled woman with a story to tell.
SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Fill in the form to receive all the inspirational thoughts from Moya