To Desire is to obtain
To Aspire is to Achieve
Short Facts about the Author, James Allen
James Allen was born in Leicester, England, and was a British philosophical writer, he was and still is noted for his inspirational books and poetry, he was a very wise man, anyone could learn something from him.
As you will see in the review of As a Man Thinketh the focus of his books revolves around how to increase potentials through using thought control Thought Control, he believes we are where our thoughts have taken us, and we are the architects, for better or worse of our future.
James Allen was just 15 years old, when his father whose family business had failed went to America to recoup his losses and hopefully settle there, but before he could send for his family he was robbed and murdered.
As such, Allen was forced to leave school and for several years he worked as a private secretary, for British manufacturers.
Leo Tolstoy was a great inspiration in his works, and like Tolstoy he sought to improve himself, be happy and master all of the virtues.
He retired from his work at the age of 38 and settled down together with his family in Ilfracombe, Devon, England.
He produced 19 works in a span of 9 years, Acres of Diamonds being his second book.
What I love about James Allens work, they are practical, he never wrote theories, or just wrote for the sake of writing.
He wrote when he had a message, and that message was only when he had lived it himself.
So the facts that he wrote are proven by practice.
This is what you will also find in my book “Overcoming Life’s Challenges”, Overcoming Life’s Challenges I am sharing my life, my obstacles, and how I have overcome them.
His works influenced and continue to influence people globally, including the New Thought Movement.
Sadly he died in 1912 at the young age of 48.
His wife continued publishing “The Light of Reason”, a magazine he edited and published, under the name “The Epoch”.
As A Man Thinketh is book that shows and guides, not dictates and demands,it will show you how to change your way of thinking so that it is positive and fruitful.
What As A Man Thinketh Can Do For You
Transform your life and discover how:
- Teaching you how negative thinking affects the things in your life. As stated in the book, the majority of people today have many negative outlooks about different things for different reasons. That’s human. However, what all these people who think negatively don’t know, is that by their negative and nonconstructive thinking they are inevitably just hurting themselves and unconsciously bringing negative situations upon themselves. What this book repeats over and over again is that for good to come to you, you must have good and positive thoughts. If you breed and harness negative thoughts, chance is, it will be highly unlikely for much good to come your way. As said in this book, the fruits and misfortunes of your thoughts clearly show by the type of person you have come to be, and what you have and don’t have.
- The impact of thought on health, purpose, achievement, ideals and serenity. Allen writes, “Out of a clean heart comes a clean life and a clean body. Out of a dirty mind proceeds a dirty life and a corrupt body.” We ARE what we think.
- Teaching you the power of attraction. Thought vibration Thought Vibration,is also related to the Law of Attraction.
- How the mind is the key to success, yes myself like others use to think, yeh right all I need to do is think I would become successful, I will, I realized after reading As A Man thinketh it was true. Let me give you a smaller and less high profile example than becoming rich, if someone always thinks they are sick and is always fearing the thought of becoming sick, they will usually be sick. It seems that the more you think of something, the more it is prone to being drawn towards you. This book just teaches you how to bring forward the good, not the bad.
- How to cultivate a thought. Thought Control,
- The impact of thought on health, purpose, achievement, ideals and serenity. Allen writes, “Out of a clean heart comes a clean life and a clean body. Out of a defiled mind proceeds a defiled life and a corrupt body.” We ARE what we think. It’s not mind-over-matter. The mind IS matter.
- How you can master your own destiny. You can improve your circumstances, your surroundings, your station in life, but until you conquer your thoughts, nothing will really change. When your mind is pure, your body, your language, your actions, all will follow.
- How your thoughts make WHO you are. As Allen states, “a man is literally what he thinks”, or as the saying goes, garbage in, garbage out! Or put another way, “All that a man achieves and all that he fails to achieve is the direct result of his own.
- James Allan emphasizes the importance of hard work and effort throughout the book. He states in the book “He who would accomplish little must sacrifice little. He who would achieve much must sacrifice much. He who would attain highly must sacrifice greatly.” Effort and sacrifice are common themes throughout the book. James Allan makes the point that all your hard work will be in vain if your mind is filled with thoughts of failure.
I hope you have enjoyed reading my Review of As A Man Thinketh, and I am sure you will enjoy the book.
It is available for immediate download by filling in the form below.
Review As A Man Thinketh Quote
Men are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves; they therefore remain bound.
Overcoming Life’s Challenges
The Inspiring and Empowering Story of One Woman’s Triumph Over Alcoholism, Bankruptcy, weight issues and Despair.
She did not just struggle to survive. She struggled to win!
If a single sentence could sufficiently describe a lifetime, then this would be an apt description of Moya’s life. From a privileged childhood to adulthood of bankruptcies and subsequent salvation, Moya weathered all storms to be where she is now—a fulfilled woman with a story to tell.
SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Fill in the form to receive all the inspirational thoughts from Moya